Monday, June 8, 2009

Sham Wow Testimonial

Prologue:
One night my dear husband and I were sitting on the couch watching TV. Admittedly, we had consumed a few or five adult beverages. Anyway, I am sure you all know or have at least heard of the famous "Sham Wow". Well, as we were enjoying some late night TV, the ad for the amazing Sham Wow came across our screen. We both sat through the entire 15 hour commercial in awe. Immediately following the very long commercial, we were both convinced. We HAD to have one of those. So, quickly I dial the 800 number and am connected to an automated sales machine. After pressing 5 a little over 4,000 times and turning down numerous sales tactics to "add on the fancy floor steamer", we finally had our order placed.

Fast forward 3 weeks later: We received our set of Sham Wow's and were initially...unimpressed. Sure, they were okay. But, were they worth the hour long phone call that I contemplated hanging up on numerous times? Maybe not.

However, I am here to tell you that those things really are magical. Last night as I was preparing Levi's bed time bottle, the true test came. I had the bottle ready, 6oz of formula and 4oz of milk. I was searching for the right nipple when all of sudden---in slow motion---I saw Levi pick up the lidless bottle and throw it across the room. Usually, I would have panicked. But, I knew exactly what to do. I tossed the baby in the playpen and went for the Sham Wow! I have never seen something so small absorb so much mess. Literally, one swipe and it was all gone. Dry. That guy with the cheesy sales pitch is not lying. Those Sham Wow's will clean up any mess.

PS. They didn't pay me to say this.

No comments: