Monday, August 10, 2009

TIME

So. I guess I have been a little slack about writing these days. Which is exactly what I sat down to write about. It seems that there is never enough time in the day or night for that matter. I wake up everyday, go downstairs for my beloved coffee (that I preset the night before) and try to gather my brains for the day ahead. I then go upstairs and mindlessly get ready for work. Usually, that encompasses trying to apply mascara with a toddler pulling on my leg. Then, after 8 or 9 hours of a stressful day at the office, I pick up my boy and we head home for dinner, bath time and a little more playtime. It has become the routine over the past year or so. And I am fine with it. It suits me. Makes me happy even. But, and there is always a But. I can't figure out where the past 15 months have gone. Have you seen them?

Every day seems to slip by faster and faster. I barely have time to brush my teeth, it seems. I know its not that bad, but it sure seems that way from time to time. I go weeks without calling to check in on friends. Days pass and I realize I haven't spoken to my parents. That may not sound like a long time, but for my parents it might as well be months. We check in regularly.

I am just saying, that time has never seemed so valuable. Last week, my boss gave me a Friday off, and you would have thought I hit the lottery. I didn't know what to do with 8 hours by MYSELF with no baby. So, I did the only thing a girl can do...I headed straight to the pool with an ipod, a book, and a sippy cup full of wine. It didn't matter that the sun wasn't shining and the wind almost blew me away. There I sat, with my book, the pool and silence. It was bliss. Utter bliss.

It makes me think back to a time before Levi when it seemed THERE WAS NEVER ENOUGH TIME. And I laugh...because I had all the time in the world, and never realized it.

PS. I must give credit to my wonderful husband for all that he does. He certainly takes on his 50% of parenting...sometimes he even picks up a few extra of percentage points for me because I simply can't deal.

No comments: