Monday, September 14, 2009

16 months

Levi, You are now 16 months old. Your life has flown by all too quickly. I can't help but get excited for the next step, yet I feel like I need to hold onto every moment because it will be the last time I see you at this age. You are very opinionated for a little boy of your age. You know what you want and most certainly what you don't want. There is no tricking you when it comes to eating healthy versus eating cheese puffs. The very sound of that word sends you to the pantry to force us into pulling out the orange bag and letting you reach in to get your puffs. Two puffs and no less will do. You know when you get home you want to go outside and say it with conviction. If that doesn't get you what you want, you bang your hands on the back door until we finally give in and let you open the door. You climb down the stairs and into the backyard to play in the dirt. You would prefer to be outside than anywhere else in the whole world. I guess that should make me happy, since you don't prefer to sit in front of the TV and watch Dora. You talk all the time. Some of your constants are Truck, Ball, Car, Outside, Up, Mum, Dada, Bus, Nala, Nana, Flip, Mema...but you basically repeat everything we say, including the occasional word that sounds very much like Shit. Your laugh is the best sound I have ever heard. I can't imagine my life without you and am so happy that I am your mum. I hope one day that you will read this and know how much these little things mean to me.

I love you, son.

-Mum

No comments: