Saturday, October 10, 2009

Parrot Head

I have now realized that I have a Parrot following me everywhere I go. His name is Levi. His vocabulary grows by the hour. It's amazing to see the new things that he does and says everyday. I often wonder where he learns all this stuff...but, he is a sponge. He will repeat anything that is said to him and he understands things that I can't fathom. Tonight, when I took his diaper off, he picked it up and put it in the trash. I know thats not exactly Einstein material, but it still amazes me. He understands so much of what we say to him. He also knows when to not listen. When he is doing something that he shouldn't, its almost as if we are speaking a different language. He also knows "what the owl says" and anytime you ask him, he responds with a prompt "HOO HOO". His little lips purse together and make the cutest owl sound you have ever heard. He can bark like a dog and moo like a cow too. Its too cute!

Who knew being a mum would encompass all these silly things. Yet, it brings me to tears when I ask for a kiss and he happily obliges. I love being his mum.

No comments: